It’s still very preliminary, so any suggestions are most appreciated. I’m sure it will change through the semester as I learn more about, you know, how to be a digital historian (versus what I’ve done so far, talking about being a digital historian).
As you can see, I’ve used the same map that I use in the header here. The background color in the header and footer comes from the WordPress theme Quintus, the same I used (in modified form) for this blog.
I created the page from a Dreamweaver template. The main difficulty was putting in the menu bar, but after many hours of trying, I got it to work (yes, I’m obsessive that way). Because I’m dealing mostly with 18th- and 19th-century material, I went for a more traditional look, albeit with some sans-serif fonts for accent. I had the same consideration when choosing my WordPress theme, and so used the similar look.
So, here it is thus far. Please feel free to comment!